Friday, July 25, 2008

Baby Food Maker - An Answer to Prayer

I have been praying for sometime for a way to make baby food.  I have done research and read about making your own.  The cost for the jars and containers is a little high in my opinion.  I have been stocking up when the grocery store would have them on sale along with my coupons of course!  It was costing around 3.oo a day for the stage 2 which is not enough for him anymore, which doesn't figure in the cost for formula and baby cereal. 



I did make Jared's food in a blender, but don't have one on hand anymore.  Plus, the blender was so big and had to be cleaned constantly.  I had read to make large amounts in the blender then freeze individual servings in ice cube trays.  Well, there is not room in our freezer to do that, so...



I went to Walmart to see what I could find whether it be a mini-food processor or store brand baby food.  Well, I found something I love...



It blends, mixes and even purees!  The wand part twists off for easy cleaning.  Fruit, of course, is easy to puree.  Veggies and meat I add a little apple juice or water.  I just wanted to share my little answer to prayer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me know how it goes! I didn't have much success making Haylee's baby food. Are you using a recipe??

Unknown said...

How did it work for you I was thinking of using one to make my sons food?